Saturday, October 25, 2008

Photography Class

Assignment #3

The topic is Aperture and selective focus. The photographic aspect of this assignment is to shoot a subject where you would maximize your depth of field by using a normal to wide-angle lens in conjunction with a high F stop number, such as Aperture's of F.8, 11, 16, 22. Conversely, I would like you to minimize your depth of field by moving in close to your subject, ideally with a telephoto lens, and using a small f-stop number, such as apertures of 5.6, 4.5, 4 .0, 3.5, 2.8, 2.0, etc. Also I would like you to do a selective focus shot as well. IIn this assignment I would like you to intentionally isolate a part of your subject by the use of a telephoto lens and diminished depth of field. Remember, the closer you are to your subject, whether physically or optically, the shallower your depth of field will be. When I suggest moving in close to your subject my preference would be that you do it with your lens rather than physically moving in close. Remember telephoto lenses in and of themselves give shallower depth of field than normal and wide-angle lenses. Finally the two remaining components of this lesson are. Clip out a photograph that demonstrates each one of the above assignments one photo with extensive depth of field, shallow depth of field and a photograph that shows selective focus. Please write a brief statement describing each photo. Reading:

0 comments: